Thursday, August 6, 2009

Albertsons $30 Promo

I am completely and totally DONE with it! It has been nothing but a frustrating experience for me! The first time my Catalina's didn't print out they blamed it on the fact that I used coupons so I didn't spend $30 and I believed them, so I did another transaction and didn't use coupons and spent $30 and got $15 on my next order in Catalinas. I have been told by multiple people including the actual Catalina company that what they told me at the store was NOT TRUE. My mom and a few other people I know have done the promo deal, used their coupons and then the Catalinas printed out for them, I stood there and watched my mom do it at the store today at the self-checkout right in front of me and they printed for her she spent out of pocket about $10 after her coupons. I rang up my items that I was so careful about getting the correct ones on and did the same thing ended up with $3.84 out of pocket that I used the $5 card I won in the fruit snacks to pay for (so really I paid $0 for everything I purchased today) and my Catalinas did not print out! We then argued with the store for at least 10 minutes about what the issue was and what they were going to do about it. Eventually after a lot of frustration I told them that I just wanted to talk to their manager whom they called on the phone and the ended up giving me a rain check for $15 off on my next order from the store directly. So I've decided I'm done! I'm not trying this again at all because it just doesn't work for me. It's worked for some people, but apparently it doesn't like me. I am still waiting to hear back from the Catalina company on my other transaction that didn't work and Albertsons is going to check with them on the receipt that I did today, but know I have the BIGGEST headache, so trying again is just not worth it! Good luck to everyone out there that wants to try this deal, I hope it works for you.

5 comments :

  1. That is frustrating! Doing Catalina deals is always a little risky because you don't know if you've gotten the deal until you pay and finish the transaction. Its frustrating too when the cashiers give you the wrong info (like the $30 has to be after coupons).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to do this deal and it doesn't work- make sure you did not use self checkout because I couldn't return my items and get my coupons back and try at another register or just get them back because they had already put all the coupons in the little slot at self checkout that they can't reach into and get them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't let them tell you that about self checkout! Last week my cashier only scanned 2 of my 5 coupons at self checkout, then stuck them all in the slot. I realized what she did and told her so she went and got a set of keys from the manager and opened up the whole machine to get my coupons out and re-scan them. It sounds like you've run into some crappy cashiers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious they have a key and can open it? Well I think I got a load of crap from them because they were telling me if I returned my items I wouldn't get my coupons back because they can't get them out and if they re-rung it at a different machine even if they had my coupons then that self-checkout machine would be short on it's till. Okay these things are things you would think should totally not be the customers problem but the store's problem. I think they were trying to just not get in any kind of trouble and make me leave. It was a little funny to see how disappointed they looked when the manager told them to give me a $15 raincheck like they couldn't believe he was actually doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, it totally sounds like they were just telling you whatever they thought would get you to leave so they wouldn't have to deal with you anymore.

    ReplyDelete