Friday, November 12, 2010

WAHL Haircutting Kit {Review}

79520-007_7in.front My husband is really picky about having his hair cut because you can’t just cut it all one length and call it good. So he’s never actually let me cut his hair but while we’ve been trying to budget our money better lately and save money on things we can do at home, I definitely wish he would. Luckily we live with my parents and my dad was definitely in need of new hair clippers, so when I was able to review the Wahl 25 pc. ChromePro Haircutting Kit I knew it wouldn’t go to waste and that maybe I could eventually convince my husband to let me cut his hair- that hasn’t happened yet. :)IMG_0467

I don’t have any little boys but my girls let me cut their hair and  my daughter actually let me do hers today. While I didn’t use the actually clippers in the Wahl kit I was able to use the scissors, hair clips, comb, and cape for her haircut.

GetImage.aspx

Five tips for a great haircut (provided by Wahl):

Cutting your kid’s hair at home is convenient and saves money. In fact, a majority of people say they are confident using a hair clipper in three haircuts or less, the same amount of time it takes for the clipper to pay for itself. Also, a family of four can easily save $500 annually when three or more family members cut their hair at home. Here are five simple tips from WAHL to use with your kids:

1. Start around bath time. Hair is easier to cut after being freshly washed, dried and combed out. Try washing your kid’s hair in the sink and towel drying. A quick bath or shower after the cut will help remove any loose hairs.

2. Back to front. Start with the back of the head and work to the sides. After getting the desired length, the top can be cut accordingly.

3. Use your guide. WAHL clippers come with a variety of guide comb lengths. If you aren’t sure, start longer and work your way down to the desired length. The numbered or colored combs will make it easy to select the correct length next time.

4. Even it out. Brush off the freshly cut hair with a towel. Use the unguarded WAHL hair clipper to straighten around the ears and neckline.

5. Still a bit worried? Take a few practice runs between professional cuts to get a feel for using a clipper. Since hair grows evenly across the head, a simple, light trimming at the lower neck and sides between professional cuts can bring back a well-groomed look.

“The key to providing your child a worry-free haircut is finding an easy-to-use, ergonomic and long-lasting tool that does not require a calamity of errors to get the knack for it,” says Ray Nielsen, senior product manager for WAHL Clipper Corporation. “It is important to find a clipper that provides a consistent cut to allow grooming with confidence.”

WAHL Clipper Corporation offers a variety of haircutting kits to help families maintain their hair in the comfort of their own home – staying stylish and functional without breaking the bank to make it happen. Most kits include guide combs for a broad range of cutting options, a styling guide and a variety of other useful items that make it easy and affordable to cut hair at home. You can get great ideas and learn from a variety of videos at www.wahlgreathaircuts.com.

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of WAHL. I was sent product free of charge to review but was not compensated monetarily.

0 comments :

Post a Comment