Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 2}

I can’t believe it’s already been two weeks since I started the Nutrisystem program! I thought that “dieting” would be really hard and restricting and feel like it was taking forever, however Nutrisystem hasn’t been like that at all! The food is wonderful and easy and I feel better when eating the suggested extra vegetables and grocery items. I’ve always liked fruits and vegetables so I haven’t had a hard time adding quite a few more into my diet and I’ve found myself completely full and not wanting to snack throughout the day or at night. Yes I have been eating different foods then my family however I’ve tried to make sure they are also eating healthier and the Nutrisystem foods that I have eaten have inspired me to make similar meals for them which also really helps me feel like I’m not missing out. We had pizza one night this last week and I got to enjoy pizza also, mine was a little different but not lacking in any way. I’ve had a few struggles here and there. February is a hard month for me with my wedding anniversary, Valentine’s Day and my birthday and while I did splurge on a few little things I definitely tried to make up for it with exercise and better eating at all times that I could. We even went out of town for two nights with the family however we stayed at a cabin with a full kitchen so I was able to bring all my Nutrisystem foods, fruits, vegetables and dairy products that I needed to keep me going.

Today is actually my birthday and my favorite breakfast food is French Toast and guess what even though I’m “dieting” I still got to have French Toast! Oh and for my birthday dessert I’ll be enjoying some Golden Pound Cake with fat free whipped topping, and strawberries. (I’m not a huge fan of regular birthday cake so I know I’m definitely not missing out on much and will thank myself in the long run!)

297x220_FRZ_FrenchToast  297x220GoldPdCk

One of my favorite things about Nutrisystem are the discussion boards. I love being able to feel like I have the support of a whole bunch of people who share similar experiences. My favorite board has been the Challenge board. I actually jumped right into one called 100% where you tried to eat the Nutrisystem plan 100% and had to report daily. Boy does it make a difference when you are having to report your success and shortcomings to someone or multiple people. Another challenge group I’ve joined in is The Biggest Looser Challenge which is more long term and will definitely help me keep going through my program and weigh loss journey.

Start Weight: 152.5

Week 1: 148.7

Week 2: 146.3

TOTAL LOST: 6.2lbs.

Yes even though I had my setbacks a few times I jumped right back on the program and got my butt on my elliptical and have still was able to loose a total of 2.4lbs for my second week!

I love that Nutrisystem is teaching me about portion control and better items to eat so I can enjoy a healthier lifestyle. So if you’re just as excited as I have been about Nutrisystem and would like a little more information you should definitely check out their website- they are having a huge special where their prices are the lowest they’ve been since 2003! You can even save 10% and get free shipping with their auto delivery program.

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

For more information on the Nutrisystem Blogger Program  call 1-888-853-4689.

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on the loss again! I just posted my week 3 I think I'm ahead of you. I had a gain :o(

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez louise.

    and...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!

    I just took a picture of my hubby's pancakes and my Nutrisystem pancakes this morning - hopefully for a funny post about portion control :)

    I started a linky so NSNation bloggers could find each others posts easily, and I hope you will come link up! It's fun to hop around and read everyone's journey.

    http://kellysluckyyou.com/2011/02/motivation-monday-linky-feb-21-2011/

    ReplyDelete