Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday to all my readers! I’m pretty excited it’s Friday today because my kids don’t have any school! I’m always on the fence about my kids not having school because it means I get to sleep in but it also means they are going to be home all day long. However today my middle daughter went with my husband to work so that takes a little stress off the mix here at home. My oldest and youngest are headed with me to run some errands that they think are fun so I think it’ll be a good day today- so technically today is kind of my Saturday! (They have school off for some teacher development day.) So I’m sitting here in my pj’s while my oldest plays on her computer and my youngest still sleeps. I didn’t get to sleep in this morning because for some reason my kids decided to get up nice and early today, why oh why they won’t do it without complaint on school days is beyond me!

A happy welcome to all those new followers hopping by from a Friday Blog Hop! If you’re interested in getting in on any blog hops today be sure to check out my new Blog Hop page that is full of great links!

And because I did say yesterday that I’m going to start adding recipes to my blog here’s the first one! In honor of it being  Friday (which usually means I am having a good morning but by the afternoon I’m spent and ready for the weekend- which means I don’t want to think about dinner) I’m posting a great crock pot recipe, it’s actually what we are having for dinner tonight.

 

Crockpot Potato Soup

PotatoSoupTwo

  • 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 3 T chopped fresh parsley

Combine potatoes, water, onion, butter, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Add evaporated milk and parsley, mix well. Take half of the soup and blend in a blender until smooth and creamy. Place creamed soup back in the crock pot, mix well and let cook for 30-60 minutes more, until headed through. Garnish with cheese, bacon bits, sour cream and chives.

Yield: 8 servings

It’s a great meal for those cold or rainy days, which we’ve been having lately- cold, windy and rainy.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like a yummy recipe!

    Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Bee Friendly blog hop. Look forward to reading future posts.

    Feel free to check out my blog here: http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete