Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 7}

I’m excited to announce that I have finally hit the 10lb mark!! While technically my weight numbers from the beginning of the year were a little higher that I’ve actually lost almost 14lbs, I’ve lost 10.5lbs since I started Nutrisystem in February! In only 7 short weeks I’ve lost an average of 1.5lbs a week. I’ve also started a local Biggest Loser team and started working out more then I have been, eating pound100% on the Nutrisystem plan and the proof of that helping is in my numbers this week. It really helps that one of my team members is my mom, who I live with so I have gained myself a cheerleader and supporter here at home to help me stay on track. Oh AND breaking the 10lb mark means I’ll be getting my first cute little Nutribear!

I was also really excited to see my next order of Nutrisystem foods arrive yesterday. I’m headed out of town this Saturday for a week and I’m getting a little nervous about putting the weight back on however now I’ll be able to take enough food for breakfast and lunch each day and will just have to flex my dinner meals since I won’t have a microwave or fridge in my hotel room. Which means those yummy Blueberry and Double Chocolate muffins for breakfast and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, Fudge Graham and Double Chocolate Caramel Bar.

181x135BlueberryMuffinNew181x135_Double_Chocolate_Muffin

181x135RTG_Choco_PB181x135DblChocCarmBar181x135FudGrahmBar

Start Weight: 152.5

Week 1: 148.7 (3.8lb loss)

Week 2: 146.3 (2.4lb loss)

Week 3: 146.1 (0.2lb loss)

Week 4: 145.5 (0.6lb loss)

Week 5: 144.4 (1.1lb loss)

Week 6: 143.9 (0.5lb loss)

Week 7: 142.0 (1.9lb loss)

TOTAL LOST: 10.5 lbs.

Here are some great travel tips that Nutrisystem has provided me to help stay on track on vacation.

  • Bring your collateral with you – i.e. meal planner and on the go meal planner for your purse dining out guide etc.
  • Sit down prior to vacation to choose restaurants to eat out at that have a variety of foods to choose from and that give you healthy options. Just be honest with your travel buddies that even though you are excited about the trip and can’t wait, you still want to stay on track with the program.
  • Be sure to review the dining out guide and what’s a good meal choice
  • When dining out, remember that it’s okay to order the food cooked the way you want (i.e. salads with certain things not on the salad or on the side, steamed veggies( no oil) etc., grilled not fried etc). It’s okay to even let them know you have food restrictions and they will be sure to accommodate you J
  • Bring Nutrisystem with you --- the pantry ready muffins, bars, snacks/desserts etc.  Even though you won’t be 100% on Nutrisystem, if you bring the items that can be packed, it will help you stay on track and not be as anxious J
  • When eating out, if the portion size is too big (protein sizes should be no more than 6 – 8 oz – about the size of your palm) immediately ask for a to- go-box and put half in the box before eating. That way you don’t overeat and have leftovers too J
  • Share items with your travel buddies …like dessert. I always do this with my husband J That way you get a little taste without overindulging.
  • Try to always go for salads as an appetizer and to get all your nutrients in and to help you feeling full longer. J
  • When I go away, I try to be active – do activities where you walk around and keep busy
  • Drink water with all your meals – with a nice slice of lemon or lime

So I’ve already planned a few of my dinner meals what I’ll be ordering at restaurants and where I’ll be getting my extra fruits and vegetables to add to my breakfast and lunches to help and I’ll be spending some time in the resort fitness center so that I get all of my exercise in because this won’t be one of those walk it all off vacations- lots of sitting by the pool and relaxing, which I’m looking forward to but know I need to do something.

Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? 

Visit www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog  today or call 888-853-4689.

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

1 comment :