Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 9}

nutrisystem16Things are still going great with Nutrisystem! I’ve increased my exercise routine because of joining a local group doing the Biggest Loser program. My mom and I are actually on the same team and living together it has helped keep us motivated! The local fitness center offered us a free week trial and 10 week membership for only $30 so we’ve been at the gym every single day this week which I think has really increased my weight loss. Not to downplay the importance of healthy eating though because we did sit down with someone at the gym and talk to him about nutrition and he said that 80% of your weight loss success is based on what you’re eating. So while the extra exercise has helped I know Nutrisystem has played a HUGE part in my weight loss! Nutrisystem has really helped me understand portion sizes and the right kinds of foods that my body needs to stay healthy, which has helped me make good choices when I’m eating away from home and don’t have my Nutrisystem foods to rely on.

Start Weight: 152.5

Week 1: 148.7 (3.8lb loss)

Week 2: 146.3 (2.4lb loss)

Week 3: 146.1 (0.2lb loss)

Week 4: 145.5 (0.6lb loss)

Week 5: 144.4 (1.1lb loss)

Week 6: 143.9 (0.5lb loss)

Week 7: 142.0 (1.9lb loss)

Week 8: 141.7 (0.3lb loss)

Week 9: 139.6 (2.1lb loss)

TOTAL LOST: 12.9 lbs.

I’m also excited to announce that Nutrisystem has introduced members of their first-ever celebrity chef culinary council. Which means that these top award winning chefs will be working on some great new foods for Nutrisystem!

The members of the Nutrisystem Chef Culinary Council include:

    • · Tony Mantuano, chef/partner of the only four-star Italian restaurant in Chicago, Spiaggia; a James Beard Winner for Best Chef of the Midwest and a contender on Top Chef Masters Season 2
    • · Michael Solomonov, owner of Philadelphia’s award-winning restaurant Zahav, 2011 James Beard Award finalist and recent contender on Iron Chef America
    • · Kent Rathbun, owner of Texas restaurants including: Abacus, Jasper’s, Shinsei, Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen and Zea Woodfire Grill; a former winner on Iron Chef America
    • · Mark Estee, known for his awarded restaurants in Nevada and California and former personal chef to Britney Spears and Paul McCartney
    • · Carmen Gonzalez, known in the culinary world for over 20 years as a talented and awarded chef, as well as for her creative Puerto Rican/American fusion cuisine; most recently known as a contender from Top Chef Masters Season 2

I think that’s just exciting to have a team of highly trained chefs making our food because it’s extremely important to me that the food I’m eating to loose weight tastes good!

Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? 

Visit www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog  today or call 888-853-4689.

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

1 comment :