Zoobles! Spring to Life! is another great game that Activision has come out this month just in time for the holidays specifically geared towards girls and their interests. So enjoy my post on game #2 of 6 I’ll be featuring over the next few days.
Game Overview: Zoobles are magically springing to life! Those mischievous and fantastical creatures are waiting to pop open before your eyes when you least expect it. The Zoobles videogame for Nintendo DS takes all this exciting fun and puts the control right into gamers’ hands. Young players care for and nurture their lovable companions as they explore 6 distinct lands in Zooble Isle, each featuring a diverse range of characters. Those familiar to the toy and even kids new to Zoobles will have a blast collecting and sharing their finds with friends!
- Explore the Magical Zooble Isle: Set out on an adventure to see all the familiar Zoobles lands including: Petagonia, Azoozia, Pinegrove, Chillville, Petal Point and Jungleopolis with 18 unique playable Zoobles!
- Decorate and customize your Happitat: Choose from 6 unique Happitats, and decorate with furniture and objects you’ve unlocked including rugs, kitchens, sofas, bathtubs, and even special items like fountains! In your Happitat your Zooble can cook in the kitchen, dress up adorable accessories, take baths, and more!
- Make lots of Zooble Friends: As you explore, you’ll come across more than 40 of your favorite Zoobles. Make friends by playing with them or hanging out in your Happitat! If you become good friends, they might even give you presents! There are so many Zoobles to meet, and you'll want to collect them all as friends! Check your Wikizoob to see just how many Zooble friends you have!
- Love ‘Em and Play with ‘Em: Caring for and nurturing your Zooble is key. You’ll need to pay attention to how hungry, clean, and tired they are, and also play with them and make new friends to keep them happy!
- Adorable Activities and Zooble Fun: As you explore each land and make more and more friends, you’ll get more fun things to do, such as sliding down curvy slides, pulling off tricks on trampolines, gardening, playing hide-and-seek with your Zooble friends, and even hosting dance parties with all your Zooble friends!
- Added Bonus: For a limited time, each game purchase includes a Zooble toy.
This game was a little more entertaining for me as an adult then the Lalaloopsy game because I felt like there was more to do. It wasn’t so structured but you had activities you needed to do daily like watering your garden, collecting acorns, gathering the fruit from trees, interacting with friends, making sure your pet has playtime, bathing and sleep. The more Zoinks (coins) you collected for doing these activities and keeping your pet happy the more Zooble friends you unlock. There are five different worlds and up to 40 different friends so it can get quite crazy to keep up with but it’s definitely a game that will keep you entertained for much longer.
MY 6 & 7 YEAR OLD GIRLS:
My two older girls, 6 and 7 years old definitely liked this game! They loved the fact that they had their own pet to take care of and nurture and play with. We don’t have any actual pet at home so the interactive pets in these games are a great alternative. They love the online games on Facebook that are similar in that they have their own pet to take care of but this game is so much more involved. There are more games and fun things to do with your pet and graphics and colors are bright, bold and fun! Some of their favorite activities were the trampoline and twisty slide, but I think the best part to them was interacting with other Zooble friends.
MY 3 YEAR OLD:
This game was definitely harder for my three year old because there was just too much going on in the game. Too many different things you could do and too many different things you had to continually watch and take care of. She wasn’t able to figure out the bars at the top to check if her pet needed a bath or was hungry and the little pictures above their heads when it wanted to go to sleep or eat something she wasn’t able to figure out. The games where the narrator actually speaks the direction I think are much easier for her to follow.
If you have girls I would definitely add this to your Christmas shopping list this year! In my opinion this is bound to be a hit with the age 5-10 crowd this year!
PURCHASE: Activision’s Zoobles! Spring to Life! Nintendo DS game can be purchased at local retailers such as Toys ‘R Us, GameStop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Target. (Retail Price $29.99)
Disclosure: A copy of the Zoobles! Spring to Life! game was provided to me for review. All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and were no way influenced by anyone. No monetary compensation was received for this post.