Friday, October 26, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 12}

Week 12: Week 12 of Nutrisystem and I’m still here! I can really feel the holidays starting to kick in and am hoping I’m able to make it through without too much of a setback. I’m not a huge fan of Halloween but I feel like my kids have been on a non-stop sugar craze for the month of October so far and Halloween isn’t even here yet. I have had a few pieces of candy from their bags they’ve gotten at Halloween Carnivals however if I’m going to waste my calories I’m definitely going to do it eating chocolate. However this is the best holiday for burning the weight off too because of all these different carnivals, trick or treating and events I’m always on the move. Running from here to there with kids and on Halloween night my kids are still little enough that I’ll definitely walking/running house to house with them so they can collect candy.

My Daily 3- Get Moving in 10’s!

My focus this week as it was last week is still get moving, because I need to move more. Oh I move TONS with four kids but I’m thinking the extra get moving is what I need because my body needs that constant extra boost to increase my weight loss potential. So I’ve been focusing on four areas this week.

  1. Stretching- This has been a new one for me. Typically I don’t stretch very often but it’s been a good way to start or end my day with a good 10 minutes of Pilates- a new activity for me.
  2. Strength Training- Strength training I’ve found can be done with gallons of milk from Costco or anything you can find in your home- in fact I have used my 6 month old baby a few times. However I know to really engage my body in the strength training it needs that I need to be in the gym, which has encouraged me this week to get there. Sometimes it’s easier just to want to stay home especially after getting two kids off to school and then having to get two more ready and drag them along but I know the gym is what my body needs so I’m making a more conscious effort to do it!
  3. Cardio- 10 minutes of cardio is actually a super easy thing! I talked about this last week with the different activities you could do to get 10 minutes in but my goal this week was to shoot for 10 and keep going- which again is best done at the gym on a machine however I also have a portable elliptical machine at home that I’ve been using at night and my new goal, “Do not watch TV laying down.” Nope I’ve gotta be up and moving if I’m watching TV at night- granted this doesn’t help me fully relax very much but that’s what sleep is for Smile .
  4. Housework- Doing 10 minutes of daily house work is EASY for me around here because I feel like I’m always picking up after kids but I’m trying to focus more on how I can make that time work for me. Like maybe a little more intense scrubbing of the floor- instead of using the mop that hardly ever does a good enough job anyway I’m down on the floor scrubbing the bathroom, or I know it might seem silly but turn on some music and crank it up while you work it makes the job more fun and it gets you moving and my four year old has been loving it. She’s even joined in with me cleaning this week a few times.

Starting Weight: 165

Week 1: 159.6 (5.4lb loss)

Week 2: 158.5 (1.1lb loss)

Week 3: 160.7 (2.2lb gain)

Week 4: 157 (3.7lb loss)

Week 5: 156.8 (.2lb loss)

Week 6: 156.4 (.4lb loss)

Week 7: No Change

Week 8: No Change

Week 9: 153.4 (3lb loss)

Week 10: 152.9 (.5lb loss)

Week 11: 152.1 (.8lb loss)

Week 12: 151.6 (.5lb loss)

Total Weight Loss: 13.4lbs

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

0 comments :

Post a Comment