Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Meal Ideas {2013)

What’s on your list for your Easter meal? I love just about anything and everything food and trying new things so when it comes to holidays that’s my favorite part and I always love seeing what everyone else is planning on having so I thought I’d share my menu.

biscuitsgravy

Drop Biscuits with Sausage Gravy- Pioneer Woman

For breakfast we will be doing biscuits and gravy with strawberries on the side. I was going to do a big huge breakfast and really wanted to do a brunch but we go to church at noon so we decided to try and keep things simple but here are a few other yummy recipes that I would have liked to add to our brunch.

8592431570_e49261a218_z

Eggs in Hash Brown Nests- Pioneer Woman

8596774685_b79df3fc5a_z

Fruit Salad with Orange-Vanilla Syrup- Pioneer Woman

Sticking with the Pioneer Woman theme, because she’s got so many yummy recipes- check out her Glazed Baked Ham and Ham Gravy Recipes. We decided to do a simple small maple ham from the grocery store- I know we just won’t eat a huge ham, even the half hams they had were too much for our little family but if you’re doing a big meal and entertaining these would be great.

Glazed Baked Ham- Pioneer Woman

Ham Gravy- Pioneer Woman

I did decide to make these yummy 1 hour rolls.

one hour rolls copy

One Hour Rolls- What’s On Your Menu

Of course you can’t have Easter without dessert and I decided on something light and springy instead of chocolate, even if chocolate is my most favorite thing ever I figure by Sunday evening I’ll be all chocolated out.

 

Missy’s Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes- Pioneer Woman

I wish we had more time this year on Sunday to prep and cook and I wish we were entertaining so I could justify making large amounts of delicious food so I will enjoy the pictures and dream of the day I’ll be doing that and enjoy our biscuits and gravy, strawberries, small little ham, rolls, green beans and lemon blueberry cupcakes. That sounds good enough to me – plus less extravagance in food means less clean up right Smile.

0 comments :

Post a Comment