Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Washing dishes is supposed to be one of those easy chores that you can let your kids do or that you can put on your to do list while you give the kids the hard ones. It’s not supposed to be up there with cleaning the bathroom in efforts of getting the job done. After a long day of work at home, especially with the kids home for the summer, I want to just toss my dishes into the dishwasher and have them magically come out clean two hours later. At least in my opinion that’s what its supposed to do.
About three months ago we moved into a rental house after making a big cross country move from Washington to Texas and I’ve been cursing at the dishwasher in this house ever since. I was told it was a fairly new dishwasher so that can’t be the problem. Well its horrible. Of course the one thing that didn’t dawn on me was that I just might be using crappy soap in it dishwasher. Just like the clothes aren’t going to come out of the washing machine smelling fresh and clean if you don’t put soap in. I started trying multiple different kinds of no name dish soaps and they just weren’t getting the job done, my husband even suggested buying our own dishwasher and yanking this one out. So I was excited to hear I’d get to try out the new Cascade Platinum Pacs.
For one I LOVE them because they are easy to use. Even my four year old can put them in the dishwasher without spilling liquid or powdered soap everywhere. After my first run my dishes were sparkling! Of course I was still scrubbing everything before I put it in so I decided to try just sticking my dishes in without all the elbow grease prior. Of course no expectations here because I was used to doing a pre-scrub in the sink and then having to run my dishwasher sometimes twice to get things clean.Cascade Platinum Pacs did not disappoint! These definitely live up to their motto, “Our Ultimate Clean for Dishes- even helps keep dishwasher sparkling.”
I now look forward to doing dishes in my house because it’s simple and easy and I can grab a glass straight out of my dishwasher to use without fear that it might not be clean.
Awesome Facts about Cascade Platinum Pacs:
- Powers away tough, 24 hour stuck-on food
- Eliminates the need to pre-wash dishes
- Helps maintain the look of new machines and helps prevent additional hard-water build-up
- Delivers exceptional dishware shine
- Rinse-aid included (no need to add it separately)
For lots of Cascade info and fun check them out on Facebook!
I will definitely be sticking with Cascade Platinum Pacs for my dishwashing needs and take a little worry out of my day. No more streaks or films, no more spills and no more pre-scrubbing everything. My dishwasher can finally do the job it was meant to with the help of Cascade Platinum Pacs keeping it and the dishes clean at the same time!
Have you ever noticed that your Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest pages are full of pictures of food? I’ve gotten so many great ideas for dinner or desserts from friends who have posted beautiful pictures of food. Cascade has teamed up with Top Chef judge and editor of Food+Wine magazine, Gail Simmons, to discuss why presentation is just as important as preparation.
- From prep to plating: It’s more than just a great-tasting recipe, but also perfect presentation. Sparkling dishes, shining flat ware and spot-free glasses truly let you put your best food forward with culinary creations that pop!
- Gail recommends impressing with a Platinum Presentation: “The easiest recipes pop with unexpected, gourmet presentations. Drizzle bright sauces on sparkling white plates or layer desserts in crystal-clean glassware. Keep your presentation sparkling with Cascade Platinum, which keeps dishes perfect for anytime entertaining and impromptu guests.”
Now’s the time to join in and show off how sparkly Cascade makes all your pots, pans and plates! You’ve got four weeks to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes and each week, two contestants will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. Additionally, one lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover!
In order to win don’t forget to register and upload a photo with the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade. Don’t forget to register- if you’re not registered you can’t win.
For more information on the #MyPlatinum Instagram contest click HERE.
Weekly Contest Themes:
- Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-6/9)
Show us your best dish styled from the sparkling plate up!
- Week 2: My Platinum Bite (Entry Period 6/10-6/16)
Show us your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware!
- Week 3: My Platinum Clink (Entry Period: 6/17-6/23)
Show us how you serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers!
- Week 4: My Platinum Table (Entry Period: 6/24-6/30)
Show us your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
- Grand Prize Winner (Entry: 6/3-6/30)
Just popped a Cascade Platinum Pac in my dishwasher and am going to sit back and enjoy the beautiful weather outside….now let’s see if I can get my kids to bring me a lemonade.