When I go to the zoo, or an amusement park or a water park like Schlitterbahn with the family I definitely want to get my money’s worth and spend the entire day playing but that means that you’ll need some tips to stay sane.
- Swim shoes or flip flops- With the hot Texas sun I always plan ahead when it comes to shoes- I know we’ll all be miserable quick if it’s not fun walking around. Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation, and that means that invariably there will be some hot spots without shade or outdoor carpet. My kiddos always get a pair of swim shoes but because for some reason I can’t stand them I’m always in flip flops- which I don’t mind since I don’t usually ride the big rides anyway- I’m usually on little kid duty.
- Sunscreen- I’m a big advocator of sunscreen- my five year and I tan like crazy but the rest of my kids and my husband even look at the sun and they turn into lobsters! Of course the water rides remove even the best sunscreen- don’t count on it working all day even if it says waterproof. Most of our sunscreens say waterproof up to 80 minutes but we usually reapply every hour. Sliding down those slides- you’ll want to apply, ride and repeat!
- Pack a lunch! My kids always seem to start complaining about food and drink at the worst time and the heat seems to make them crabbier so we always make sure we have bottled water and snacks on hand. Schlitterbahn allows ice chests, but no glass or alcohol. Make sure to pack some favorites but leave room for park specialties (no matter how much we bring my kids will always beg for some yummy treat) like funnel cake and turkey legs!
- If there’s room in the car bring it! I’m a planner so I hate to be without- especially when we have it at home, that drives me crazy having to buy it when we’re out and about. You don’t have to be hauling everything around in the park but I would definitely suggest for the stuff you are going to bring in to grab a locker – especially for those keys or money. You definitely don’t want to be stuck without car keys at the end of the day because they fell out of your pocket on a ride. (Lockers are available for a fee plus refundable deposit.)
- HAVE FUN! That’s the most important survival tip, keep your eyes on the kids but let loose a little bit and just go with the flow.
Who doesn’t want a great deal on tickets too? Check out these great discount codes below and use the link HERE to purchase your discount tickets!
$5 off 1 Day Tickets- PROMO CODE 299000335
$10 off 2 Day Tickets- PROMO CODE 299000334
GIVEAWAY: For more Schlitterbahn fun be sure to check out the giveaway going on right now on my blog HERE for one of my readers to win 2 free tickets to their favorite park!
Want a chance to win more free tickets?! Check out the Schlitterbahn Instagram Contest and take part in the Summer #BahnFever on Facebook.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All information provided courtesy of US Family Guide and Schlitterbahn. I received free Schlitterbahn tickets for my work with this campaign. No monetary compensation was received.