With little ones in my house someone is always playing with food- usually just making a mess so why not turn that around and encourage the kids to play with their food in a fun and creative way?!
FamilyFun Magazine has some healthy, fun snack ideas that will keep your little ones both entertained and full. I think we’ll be taking on some of these activities for an after school snack.
- Peanut Butter
1. Use a piping bag and round decorating tip (or a Ziploc bag with a corner snipped off) to pipe a swirl of peanut butter on a 1-inch thick slice of banana.
2. Top with fresh berries, shredded coconut, or other healthy favorites.
- Round crackers
- Mini round crackers
- Cream cheese
1. Spread a layer of plain cream cheese on a round cracker, using the tip of the spreader to make small indents for feathers.
2. Press on a pair of mini round cracker eyes (we pulled apart a Ritz Bits sandwich and used a half for each eye) and attach raisin pupils with a dab of cream cheese.
3. Finish by pressing on an almond beak and almond-slice feathers.
- Your favorite cupcakes!
Once your cupcakes have cooled, frost them with four or five shades of tinted frosting (for intense tones like those shown, use paste food coloring).
To make the serving platter, use a craft knife to cut a palette shape from a sheet of cardboard or foam board. Paint it brown and let it dry before using it.