Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 16}

image

I am excited to say that I am still losing weight with Nutrisystem! I’ve seen a little larger decrease in weight loss in the last couple weeks coming off my plateau of two weeks without change and am starting to slow down a little bit now. I know that these last 9lbs I have to loose will definitely be the hardest. Am I happy with the my current weight? Sure because I am into that healthy weight range for my body, however I have a goal weight and size in mind and I’m still working to achieve that. My journey with Nutrisystem has definitely been nothing but positive and I’m happy to say that it’s not ending here! I have been accepted to stay on for another three months and continue on my weight loss journey!

I’m also excited to know that it’ll keep me staying strong through the summer months that are quickly approaching and are sometimes the hardest time of year for me because I get so busy with the kids being home all the time that I tend to forget about myself and the importance of eating healthy. My goal is to try and get my kids on board by starting off with a lot more healthy snack options in our house, not only for me but for them too. We will also be enjoying a few summer family vacations, which are usually the worst for me and my food choices but I’m proud to say that I have been fully educated on how to maintain on vacation and am not going to let it get me down. For all of you who are getting ready to head off on vacation these next couple months I’d like to share some great tips from the Nutrisystem blog (you can find the full article HERE) on how to maintain your healthy eating habits with Nutrisystem while away from home.

Take some baggage with you- Over 50% of Nutrisystem foods require no preparation at all. The best candidates come from the breakfast and snack categories. Pair a breakfast muffin, bar or scone with an egg and some fruit, both easily found at a hotel breakfast bar, and you’ve got a perfectly “on program” start to the day. Bring your “on the go” meal planner to keep in your purse so you can make on-the-fly menu choices that meet program requirements.

Let your plate be your guide. Fill up half your plate with vegetables, and then fill the remaining half with one serving each of a whole grain and a lean protein. Can’t resist a decadent cream sauce or dessert? Split it with your husband, wife, surfing instructor….Be familiar with portion sizes- the proper portion of meat should fit in the palm of your hand. Have the waiter bring you a doggy bag so you can put the extra away where it won’t tempt you.

Sip wisely. Limit your intake of oversized sugary alcoholic drinks- a 12 ounce frozen margarita weighs in at about 540 calories. Light beers and wines will be your best bets calorie-wise. Try to curb your drinking at meal times by ordering a refreshing glass of water with lemon or lime each time you order an alcoholic drink.

Indulge your sense of adventure. Take a walking tour, hike a waterfall or learn to water ski and really experience the area you’re visiting. It doesn’t have to be expensive to stay on vacation. Lace up your walking shoes and take in the scenery with a morning walk on the beach!

Now for the really exciting stuff- okay it might not be exciting for you but is for me, mostly because I’m not gaining weight and I’m not at a plateau anymore.  Can you believe that in 16 weeks I have not seen a weight gain, not even once!

I actually started the beginning of the year off at 155lbs and lost a couple before I started Nutrisystem so if we think of it that way, and I like to, I’ve lost more then 20lbs!

Start Weight: 152.5 (February 3rd)

Week 1: 148.7 (3.8lb loss)   Week 2: 146.3 (2.4lb loss)

Week 3: 146.1 (0.2lb loss)   Week 4: 145.5 (0.6lb loss)

Week 5: 144.4 (1.1lb loss)   Week 6: 143.9 (0.5lb loss)

Week 7: 142.0 (1.9lb loss)   Week 8: 141.7 (0.3lb loss)

Week 9: 139.6 (2.1lb loss)   Week 10: 138 (1.6lb loss)

Week 11: 137.0 (1lb loss)   Week 12: 137.0 (no change)

Week 13: 137.0 (no change)   Week 14: 135.9 (1.1lb loss)

Week 15: 134.5 (1.4lb loss) Week 16: 134.1 (0.4 lb loss)

Current Weight: 134.1

Goal Weight: 125 – only 9.1lbs left to go!

TOTAL LOST: 18.4 lbs.

Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too?

Visit www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog  today or call 888-853-4689.

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program.

0 comments :

Post a Comment