Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DownEast Basics–NEW Store! {Westfield Southcenter}

 

 

DSC_0283I LOVE DownEast Basics and was thrilled to hear they were brining a store only 20 minutes away from my house! While I’ve been a huge online shopper of DownEast favorites and I always visit their stores when I visit family in Idaho it’s so much nicer having a store nearby! DownEast unlike other stores carries high quality boutique style items at an affordable price. With everything at such a great price it means I have a closet full of their clothes!

About DownEast:

DownEast Basics sells everyday layering tees, fashion tops, dresses, skirts, sweaters, outerwear, swim wear and accessories for women. In addition they have an expanding line for girls. Dedicated to brining you high style and low prices.

The new DownEast Basics store can be found at Westfield, Southcenter-Tukwila, WA between JCPennys and Macy’s.

GRAND OPENING GIVEAWAY: Officially open as of August 5th but they are now celebrating their grand opening with a special giveaway! Just stop by the store and fill out an entry form to win a shopping spree during a weeklong “Shopping’s More Fun with Your Girlfriends” giveaway where one person will win a $200 gift card and four $50 gift cards to share with their friends! 8/12-8/19.

All of the sales people working in store were very friendly and helped me find some great steals! For me shopping for clothing is a little bit different now that I’m pregnant and while DownEast doesn’t officially carry a maternity line many of their styles I will be able to wear through at least the first and second trimesters of my pregnancy.  The manager also suggested buying a size or two up from what I’d normally purchase to leave room for my growing belly.

DSC_0285 DSC_0286

Pictured here is the Artwork Top in Sunkist Coral $26.99 – which I purchased in an XL size so my belly would have room to grow in it and the Increased Beauty Cardi in Graystone $36.99 - both these pieces have beautiful detail work on them that you can’t see very well in the pictures but if you click on the images it’ll take you to the product on their website where you can see them better.

All Fashion Tops & Sweaters are 25% off at DownEast right now too!

DSC_0297Some of my favorite items at DownEast Basics are their basics. Originally created to allow more of a modest fit in clothing for women they are great layering pieces to add a little extra to the neckline, a little extra length to a shirt that’s a little too short or sleeves to something sleeveless. While this store isn’t carrying the girls line of basics quite yet I have a closet full of little white basic shirts for my girls to wear under their sleeveless dresses for church and love them!

DSC_0298My new favorite basic piece for women is the Demi Tee $10.99 (a half tee that covers the chest with cap sleeves). While this piece is not a great pick if you’re looking to add length to your shirts it’s an AWESOME piece to wear under dresses so you don’t have that irritating line at your midsection that shows through. This I have found to be a great maternity piece also because it isn’t tight on my tummy. 

While their jeans probably aren’t the best fit for me being pregnant they will definitely be one of the first things I purchase after my baby is born. I had to of course try them on though just to show you all how cute they are! I love the new style of white stitching all over the pockets and seams, it just gives it that extra bling! They have some great skinny jeans and straight leg styles – which I’m definitely scared of so I tried on their equally cute boot cut styles. Pictured here are the Bling Boot Fit Jeans and the Rock Star Jeans.

DownEast denim runs from $44.99 – $69.99 and right now they are having a great in-store deal where you can Buy 1 Pair of Jeans and get the Second Pair 50% off! What a great deal for back to school shopping- ends September 1st.

DSC_0288 DSC_0289 

Here’s just a few more pictures of the store and part of their great line of staff that helped me find some great deals!

DSC_0292 DSC_0303

If you’re starting your Back-to-School Shopping be sure to stop in and say hi to these great gals at DownEast Basics- where you’ll always find a changing array of cute fashions at a great price!

Disclosure: This review is an honest unbiased opinion of DownEast Basics. I was compensated with product for my time and work done on this review, but in no way did that influence my opinion.

0 comments :

Post a Comment