Thursday, October 13, 2011

Looking for Dinner Ideas?

It seems like I’m always looking for ideas of what to eat for dinner! Okay maybe not so much what to eat but what to make for my family to eat definitely. I could pretty much go into my pantry and eat just about anything but my family expects actual meals, LOL. I used to have such a hard time with it and even sat down and tried to make up menus for the week however, now that I’ve found Pinterest it makes things so easy! I browse the boards during the day and late at night because being pregnant well I’m always hungry. Then I just go on there in the morning and skim through my Savory Foods board for ideas. Of course the one I found that I want  I’m too late for tonight (because I don’t feel like going to the store today and it has to go in the Crock Pot) but maybe it’ll be Saturday’s dinner.

Creamy Tortellini Soup (Better Homes and Gardens)

303745148_r4t00FDz_c

Ingredients

  • (1) 1.8-ounce envelope white sauce mix
  • 4 cups water
  • (1) 14-ounce can vegetable broth
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • (1) 7- to 8-ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
  • (1) 12-ounce can evaporated milk
  • 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinachGround black pepper (optional)Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions

1. Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.

3. Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.

4. Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.

Guess it’s back to Pinterest to try and figure out something easy for dinner tonight that I have all the ingredients in my pantry to make Smile

0 comments :

Post a Comment