Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Healthy Living {Recipe- Shredded Beef Tacos}

My little one just turned 3 months this last week, I just can’t even fathom where all that time has gone, he’s growing up way too fast! I’ve really decided to buckle down on myself and get healthy again.

DSC_0147

I’m definitely not happy with myself about the choices I made because I was doing so great before I got pregnant but when I got pregnant I got sick and stopped going to the gym because I was tired and it was just too hard, I definitely lost my motivation and now I’m paying for it. I have about 30lbs to loose and I need a push! So signed up for a local Biggest Loser program with my mom and some friends and so far so good. We are only into week two (first week I had no change- we were on vacation and I wasn’t able to make it to they gym, plus I ate horribly) but I’m happy to say that I’m down 1lb. It’s slow but it’s a start. I’ve started making the necessary changes I know my body needs like drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, eating a good healthy breakfast and my toughest one because I like to snack when I’m bored- not eating after 8pm at night. I’m also getting my butt back in the gym and it’s hard with the kids being out of school but my mom and I have started going at 6am every morning while the kids are still in bed and dad is at home. I’m not really an early morning person so it’s been a little rough but it definitely starts my day out right.

Thank to Pinterest (yes I do have a board called “Foods to Make Me Fat” LOL) I’ve been able to find some super yummy healthy options on there too. So I’m sharing one this morning that hopefully you’ll be able to grab the ingredients for and toss in your crockpot for dinner tonight. It was super easy and a fun twist on tacos.

Shredded Beef Tacos

Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Classy with a Sprinkle of Fancy

Ingredients:


1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
1 (14 oz) can beef broth
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Juice of 1 lime


Serve with:
Warmed corn tortillas or warmed fresh flour tortillas*
Green or Iceberg lettuce, chopped
Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
Guacamole or diced avocados
Sour cream
Fresh salsa
Cilantro
Freshly squeezed lime juice
Hot sauce

Directions:
In a small bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Place roast in a slow cooker, pour beef broth over roast then squeeze with fresh lime juice.  Sprinkle roast with spice mixture.  Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.  Remove roast from slow cooker, shred beef (remove fat) and return shredded beef to slow cooker.  Cover with lid and cook additional 30 minutes.  Remove beef from slow cooker with tongs to remove juices when plating or drain in a colander.  Serve with desired toppings. 

1 comment :

  1. This is really a good & healthy recipe for health. Fruits and vegetables which is used in it is really good for the health.

    Millerhaus.com

    ReplyDelete