Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 1}

I am seriously overjoyed to be back on the Nutrisystem program! My weigh-in for week 1 just confirmed to me how much I really love this program and if you follow it that it really does work! I know last time I had good weeks and ran into weeks where I had more trouble than others and my weight loss was slow but standing on my scale this morning gave me motivation to keep going and to really apply myself to the program 100% because I know I’ll be able to get this weight off and become healthier if I do.

I am excited about some of the new aspects of the program. I love the new packaging on the food it looks modern and simple and I definitely love the color coordinating packages by meal, which makes it easy to grab something when I am in a bit of a rush. I also love the Daily Planner where I can keep a record of everything – I don’t do much away from my computer but like to have this in the kitchen with me when I’m eating and I’ve also taken it with me when I’m out and about for the day running errands. Speaking of the Daily Planner there’s also an app that’s pretty much the same thing where you can log all your food, water and exercise for the day. The thing I love about the app is that I can log stuff on my iPad and when I sit down at my desk computer I don’t have to re-log everything onto nutrisystem.com it’s all updated through the app.

DSC_0014I also LOVE my Nutrisystem water bottle and glad I got another (my old one has definitely taken a beating because I used it so often). I love the water bottle because it’s 32oz which means I only have to drink two of these in order to get my 8 glasses of water a day in, of course I usually end up drinking more- I love water! For some reason I’m thinking that the water bottle was re-done because it seems slimmer and a little taller than the old one, which I really like.

A new food item that has been added to the program are the Protein Shakes that come in Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Mocha. I ordered the Chocolate and Vanilla ones and I think with my next order it’ll be all chocolate. I like the vanilla ones but I love being able to fit anything chocolate into the food I’m eating so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on chocolate- yes chocolate is one of my weaknesses when it comes to eating healthy. I love the Blender Shake for the protein shakes too. It has easy to read measuring lines on the side and a small little round whisk shaped ball to help mix things up better.

DSC_0013 DSC_0012

It looks like some of the regular food items have been discontinued which I’m a little sad about because it seems like they were some of my favorite things. I’ve had the hardest time with dinner entrees because those are the items I seem to be missing. Nutrisystem has come out with a new Chef’s Table fresh frozen food line for dinners. These include items such as Butternut Squash Ravioli, Moroccan Inspired Chicken, Steak Tagliata and others. It seems like these items are meant to be a little fancier created by many acclaimed celebrity chefs however I haven’t been too excited by any of the ones I’ve tried so far.  I haven’t tried them all yet though so I’m still giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping I find some that I really love.

I am happy to say that Nutrisystem still has the Blueberry Muffin- my FAVORITE breakfast item and the Peppermint Patty Cookie for dessert, I think I would absolutely die if they got rid of that. Some of the new fresh frozen desserts are DELICIOUS like the Chocolate Cheesecake- YUM!

Now for the big REVEAL….

Starting Weight: 165 Sad smile 

(I’m giving myself a little break though I did just have a baby)

Week 1: 159.6

Yes you read that right I lost 5.4lbs in my first week!

I know that not every week is going to be that great because I made quite a few lifestyle changes this week. I am willing to admit that I was not eating very healthy before. I wasn’t drinking the amount of water I should even though I love water and I was snacking way too much. My portion sizes were probably a bit out of control too, but it took me 9 months to gain all that weight so I’m not going to get too down on myself because I know this journey is going to take time, let’s just hope I can kick it up and get rid of the weight in half the time it took to put it on.

If you’d like to join me on this journey be sure to check out Nutrisystem now because they are having a great Summer Sales Event! Right now you can get 40% off the Nutrisystem Success Plus program and enjoy 3 FREE weeks of food.

ns

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

1 comment :

  1. The tough part about gaining weight is it not only affects you physically it affects you mentally and emotionally. Society can be cruel when it comes to this scenerio. I personally have several friends who are currently overweight. I can personally say I love them despite societies views and opinions. A site i go to view reviews of weight loss is http://harrisreviews.com. I remember when I was 30lbs overweight and the way I was treated. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete