Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 2}

Week 2 and I’m still absolutely loving Nutrisystem! If you’ve ever heard people complain about how eating healthy takes too much time and is too hard they obviously have never tried Nutrisystem. Nutrisystem makes it so easy! It’s almost quicker for me to prepare my Nutrisystem food then it is regular food. Part of that has quite a bit to do with the fact that I don’t have to go to the trouble of actually figuring out what I’m going to have to eat- especially at lunch that’s my worst time of the day. I get so busy around lunchtime before I would forget to even sit down and eat and by the time that I realized I needed too I was overly hungry and had kids and a baby to take care of so I didn’t have tons of time to think about it and do it and I just ended eating junk that was quick and easy to grab. Well now I can eat things that are quick and easy to grab with them being healthy at the same time. My favorite lunch items are the bars because it allows me to eat chocolate – my biggest weakness. I just pair them with a big salad and it’s almost like I’m having lunch and a snack.

One of the biggest things I’ve noticed with Nutrisystem is that I am so full all the time. It’s almost like I’m eating too much food because I’ve added so many vegetables into my meals. I’ve tried to avoid overly eating fruit- which is what I was doing before but now know that it’s a carb so while it’s a healthy option I’m making better choices and going for more vegetables with only one fruit a day. I spend a little time one day a week cutting up a whole bunch of vegetables and put them in Tupperware containers in the fridge so when I want a salad or something or a snack they are easy to grab and eat.

DSC_0009

An example of lunch- Three Cheese Pasta with Chicken pair with some added broccoli paired with a yummy salad full of vegetables and a hardboiled egg. I could barely finish it all- so much food!

DSC_0008

Still doing great with the amount of water I’m drinking. It’s been a little harder for me to get to the gym or workout during the summer when I have had all four kids home all day long but when I am working out my water intake of at least 8 glasses a day is super easy to exceed. One of my goals for this last week was to grab a big glass of water (16oz) when I was feeling like I wanted a snack, especially at night after 8pm when I’m trying to relax- my worst time for wanting to snack. During the day it’s also helped me cut down on my snacking because I drink the glass of water first and then grab some celery or cucumbers and I’m grabbing less food than I normally would because my stomach is a little fuller from the water.

Starting Weight: 165

Week 1: 159.6 (5.4lb loss)

Week 2: 158.5 (1.1lb loss)

Not as awesome as my first week but still a great accomplishment!

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

0 comments :

Post a Comment