Friday, August 31, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 6}

Week 6: Wow week 6 on Nutrisystem already! It’s amazing how easy it’s been to make the transition and how much I don’t feel like I’m eating awful diet food and restricting myself from good things.

It’s still summer for us here at home – the kids go back to school on Tuesday- cue extreme happy dance! So excited to get back on our normal schedule and routine which means it will be a million times easier for me to get back in the gym and start exercising and lifting weights to help boost my weight loss. I’m doing okay on Nutrisystem but know I need to add the exercise in. I know I talked about this last week but I recently got an email from Nutrisystem about exercise and thought I’d address it again.

nsEnemies of Exercise:

{4 Potential Foils to Getting in Those Workouts}

  • Feel the Burn! You might as well accept it now: you are going to be sore from time to time when you exercise. Remember, the muscle soreness you’re feeling indicates a job well done- so embrace it!
  • Let’s Talk About the Weather. During those days when Mother Nature has different plans for your outside exercise program, take the workout inside.
  • A Weight Lifted. Keep in mind that exercise isn’t just for weight loss; it’s to create a healthier, stronger and happier you.
  • On Vacation. Even if you’re away, try to fit in some exercises. Walk on the beach. Hike in the woods. Do some bodyweight exercises in your hotel room. Make activity a part of your vacation rather than something you have to take time out to do.

To read the full article click HERE.

I really like having a strict routine for my exercise and going to the gym definitely helps me keep that. However on those days (especially during the summer) when I just can’t make it happen it’s important to remember a good Nutrisystem principle called the Daily 3. Which basically means breaking up your workout to have an easier time getting it all in. Sometimes the task of getting 30 minutes of exercise in all at once can be a little daunting but how about 10 minutes at a time? I think we can all focus on that especially if those 10 minutes are incorporated into things we might already be doing anyway.

  • Get to work early and walk 10 minutes around the parking lot or building
  • Get off the bus or train a stop early and walk the rest of the way
  • Park farther away at the mall or shopping center and walk from store to store
  • Use 10 minutes of your lunch break to go for a brisk walk
  • Make family time active time- go for a walk or dance to your favorite tunes- how about dancing to your favorite tunes with your kids while you do chores- this definitely makes it more fun and my kids love it!
  • Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can
  • Walk across your office to speak to a coworker instead of sending that email
  • Do short errands by foot, instead of by car

I know I’ve been trying to do these little extra things this summer while the kids have been home and I think running around chasing kids, constantly picking up after them at home and taking them with you to run errands is a workout in and of itself both physically and mentally but I am really excited to get back to the gym!

Starting Weight: 165

Week 1: 159.6 (5.4lb loss)

Week 2: 158.5 (1.1lb loss)

Week 3: 160.7 (2.2lb gain)

Week 4: 157 (3.7lb loss)

Week 5: 156.8 (.2lb loss)

Week 6: 156.4 (.4lb loss)

Slowly but surely it’s coming off and right now I’m just glad not to see my numbers going up and hopefully starting my intense workouts again will help boost that! So hopefully around week 8 I’ll be seeing some better results.

Here’s to a great 3-day Holiday Weekend, enjoy it with your family and friends and remember to get outside and get moving and make healthy choices at those family BBQ’s and get-togethers.

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

0 comments :

Post a Comment