Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 11}

Week 11: It’s been 11 weeks since I started Nutrsisytem, I can't believe how the time flies! This week my focus was all on…

Story2_ImgAGET MOVING!

I know that one of my big things is that I need to be moving more. When I was on Nutrisystem the first time around I was working out like CRAZY! I was in the gym every single day for at least an hour on cardio and weights and now I’m lucky if I’m there every other day and some weeks it’s only like twice a week. What silly thing for me to do when I’m PAYING for a gym membership and unlimited childcare and my body is paying for it because I know I’m not utilizing my full potential! I’ve made excuses that I’m getting around and moving when running errands and doing housework which is great, these are things that definitely need to be done and it’s not like I’m sitting on the couch but for me I know my body needs to be in the gym. Sometime it works though for others if you aren’t able to use a gym- in fact I know many people who are big time runners and get a great workout doing that, but that’s not me. Here are some great ideas provided by Nutrisystem to help you get moving!

  1. Move in the Morning- Get up 30-60 minutes earlier and start your day off right!
  2. Change Your Attitude- Set fitness goals higher than just “pounds lost” and enjoy the benefits of an overall healthier body.
  3. Move Every Day- Make sure you’re at least doing your My Daily 3. Your My Daily 3 allows you to break down your exercise program into three 10-minute segments, so it’s easier to find time to fit in your recommended 30 minutes. For example, go for a walk at lunch, spend 10 minutes doing core exercises in the morning, race the kids around the park, etc.
  4. Consider Cross-Training- When you cross-train and combine cardio, strength training and stretching you can really see results. You also maximize your efforts and keep your routine fresh and fun.
  5. Show Up and Have Faith- Establish a time, get up and most importantly, show up. Make it a ritual and you will quickly begin to look forward to it.

Starting Weight: 165

Week 1: 159.6 (5.4lb loss)

Week 2: 158.5 (1.1lb loss)

Week 3: 160.7 (2.2lb gain)

Week 4: 157 (3.7lb loss)

Week 5: 156.8 (.2lb loss)

Week 6: 156.4 (.4lb loss)

Week 7: No Change

Week 8: No Change

Week 9: 153.4 (3lb loss)

Week 10: 152.9 (.5lb loss)

Week 11: 152.1 (.8lb loss)

Total Weight Loss: 12.9lbs

I definitely wish my numbers were a little higher but slow and steady wins the race too- as long as I’m continually doing what I know will help my body look and feel healthier.

NEW GOAL: Weigh 130lbs or less by February 17th, 2013- my 30th Birthday.

As of today this means I have 22.1lbs to lose in the next 123 days!

Totally possible? Yes absolutely! It means I need to kick up my game and really focus during the holidays and not loose focus- the holidays are the worst for me but it means I need an average of 1.3lbs a week to meet my goal. It’s going to be a little tough looking at my weight loss numbers lately but I was loosing upwards of a couple of pounds a week my first 4 weeks on the program so I just need to refocus and as of today I am re-motivated!

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

0 comments :

Post a Comment