Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Recipes {Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies}

Every year in December I start baking up a storm! I usually have the same recipes that I work from every year adding a few new ones but this year all of my kitchen stuff is packed away in boxes in storage since we are now at my parent’s house and don’t need all of our stuff. I’ve already started getting requests different things I have made in the past and had to see if I can find them online or come up with new stuff. I’ve mostly resorted to new recipes but this is an old favorite that I was able to find that everyone enjoys!

So now you’re asking what’s the best way to enjoy lots of different holiday treats without the calories? Send them to the office! I started doing this a few years ago, I’d make something every few days (one year I did it just about every day in the month of December) and sent them to work with my husband. I get to enjoy a few cookies and then send the rest away from my house so I don’t sit and eat an entire batch! So I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes with you with a few tweaks this year (you can use regular chocolate chips but I found these new Limited Edition chips from Nestle). Enjoy!

Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies

Yields: 36 cookies (3 dozen)

Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 bag Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels (Limited Edition)
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint or mint flavoring/extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
 
Directions

MELT 3/4 cup morsels in small, heavy saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
COMBINE flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peppermint or mint flavoring/extract and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in remaining morsels. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE in preheated 350° F. oven for 8 to 12 minutes or until sides are set but centers are still soft. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

4 comments :

  1. These sound so yummy! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to my Not "Baaad" blog hop. I can't resist cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look fab! We are behind on our cookie baking this year so we may just have to add this to our list!

    I just posted my latest recipe if you'd like to try something yummy that isn't a cookie!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete