Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good Friends

Contribution by Prince Raymond

The other day I was in the middle of writing a really long and in depth email to my friends when my wireless internet suddenly cut out. Nothing was saved and I was so upset. Since I am an Army wife, and move around all the time, I’ve taken up the habit of writing long emails to each group of girlfriends that I’ve left behind. I’ve been so lucky to make so many amazing friends and these emails are an easy way to keep in touch. Writing emails is so much easier than handwriting letters! Sometimes I feel really bad that I can’t always call or put a personalized touch on each message, but at least they all know that I’m thinking of them. It is also somewhat therapeutic for me to write these emails. It makes me reflect on my life and what I’ve been doing and sometimes gives me ideas on things I should be doing. It’s also nice to take some time out of my busy life and just take some me time. I would never change the choices I’ve made or give up my wonderful husband, but sometimes life revolving around him gets tiring for me. Keeping in touch with my friends gives me a feeling of independence and a feeling that I really am doing something worthwhile with my life.

0 comments :

Post a Comment