DISNEY ON ICE PRESENTS DARE TO DREAM
INVITES YOU TO DONATE YOUR HAIR
FOR HEARTWARMING CHARITY
Disney On Ice is partnering up with Wigs for Kids
to make dreams come true!
In honor of the new skating production Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream featuring Disney’s newest princess, the long golden-haired Rapunzel from Tangled, Disney On Ice is inviting the Puget Sound community to participate in a heartwarming hair donation campaign to benefit children suffering from medically-related hair loss. Join us and donate your hair (at least 10’’ inches long; either braided or in a ponytail) to Wigs for Kids. Every year WFK helps hundreds of children who are in need of their services, and you can help too!
In appreciation for the kind-hearted gesture, each person donating hair will receive two free tickets* from Feld Entertainment to Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream playing in either Everett or Kent. Donations will be accepted at participating salons listed below from October 18th through November 6th and all donators are welcome to either get their hair cut at participating salons or get their hair cut at a salon of their choice and drop off at one of the mentioned locations.
*Tickets available while supplies last
Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream will take your breath away at the Comcast Arena in Everett from November 1st – 4th and at the ShoWare Center in Kent from November 7th – 11th. Audiences will behold an alluring aerialist act with Rapunzel’s golden locks, shimmering gowns that twinkle and twirl during Cinderella’s royal ball, a lighting display that illuminates all the fireflies in Tiana’s New Orleans bayou and a grand finale with all the Disney princesses.
When cutting hair to be donated to Wigs for Kids, please follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure hair is a minimum of 10-12 inches. Pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement.
2. Hair must be clean and dry.
3. Hair cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted. Temporary coloring or highlights that washout are acceptable.
4. Tie hair into at least four sections (six are even better) around the head for a more generous donation. Hair that is pulled into one ponytail or braid results in a loss of up to four inches of hair.
5. Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured. Hair that is loosely wrapped tends to become loose when shipped, making it unusable. PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands.
6. Cut hair above rubber band.
7. Place the hair in a plastic bag or wrap it in tissue paper.
# # #
About Wigs for Kids
For over 30 years, Wigs for Kids has been providing Hair Replacement Systems and support for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, Alopecia, Trichotillomania, burns and other medical issues at no cost to children or their family’s hair loss can erode a child’s self-confidence and limit them from experiencing life the way children should. With an injured self-image, a child’s attitude toward treatment and their physical response to it can be negatively affected also. Wigs for Kids helps children suffering from hair loss look themselves and live their lives.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!