Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Is it Fall Yet? {Pumpkin Recipe}

Is it Fall yet? It certainly doesn’t feel like it to me because our temperatures are still in the 90’s here in Texas so my kids are still wearing shorts to school. I love the warm weather but after returning home from dropping my kids off at school this morning and doing some PTA work, finding myself dripping in sweat I am kind of longing for the days of jeans and lightweight jackets. Even my kids think it should be Fall- my Kindergarten daughter went to school adorned in Halloween clothing this morning- a black skirt with pumpkins on it, a black shirt with skeletons on it and a black and white polka dot bow- her teacher asked her is she was celebrating Halloween today- well with the stores full of pumpkins already she should be!

So to celebrate what I think should be Fall I am sharing this yummy recipe!

1148987_479274872168032_1746895863_n MINI FALL PUMPKIN PIE CROISSANTS

Ingredients:

2 Tubes of Crescent Rolls

Filling:

4 oz. Softened cream cheese
1 cup Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

Topping:
1 – 2 T pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
3 – 4 T sugar (granulated or powdered; adjust to taste if you want the filling sweeter)

Directions:

Roll each crescent roll out and cut lengthwise in 2.  Each croissant will get a generous teaspoon of this luscious cream cheese pumpkin pie filling:

Beat the filling ingredients together until fluffy and creamy and spread about one teaspoon of filling over each triangle of dough.


Mix together 4 T sugar and 1 T pumpkin pie spice and roll each pumpkin pie croissant in it! Bake at 375* for about 13-15 minutes (this time is for a baking stone) – you want them to be lightly browned and the dough baked through.

Yield 32 mini croissants.

1 comment :

  1. Yum, these sound wonderful...I must try. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete