Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nutrisystem #NSNation {Week 7 & 8}

Week 7 & 8: I can’t believe how busy my life has gotten now that school has started. I thought it would be so much easier to concentrate a little more on me and have lots more time to work out. Well I have had time to workout, I’ve been able to make it to the gym SOME of those times but I have definitely been able to get in my 10 minutes of this here and 10 minutes of that there. As a busy mom with a 4 year old and 5 month old baby still at home (while the others are at school) we spend our time walking to the bus stop and back in the morning and afternoon (a 1/4 mile trip). I’ve tried parking farther away when running my errands, getting out the stroller and walking around the park with the baby while my 4 year old is in dance and the quick drop the older kids off at dance after school and run to the gym for 20 minutes and then go back and get them. It’s a crazy schedule but I’m definitely trying to fit activities in here and there. I’m definitely hoping that I’m not stuck on a plateau because I haven’t had any weight change in the last couple of weeks Sad smile.

I know it’s not a sprint but rather a marathon, wow did I just use a running metaphor? I am NOT  runner at all but my dad is a super long distance runner- yes he runs crazy 200 miles races and 100 mile races and WINS! I’m definitely not him but I think he’d be so proud to hear me using that metaphor. This week I took on a new activity- walking with a group of women in the early hours of the morning, unfortunately their walk includes a hill or two outside and after a couple days my leg really started hurting. Apparently I don’t walk straight on my feet but rather turn them in on their sides so the excessive amounts of walking I was doing this week really threw things out of whack for me. I guess I’m better fitted for the minimal amounts of walking outside and better using my time spent in the gym on the elliptical where my feet are stationary and it’s more of a low impact exercise on my knees, man you’d think I was getting old or something, LOL. Nope I don’t turn the big 3-0 until next year so I’m holding out using that phrase.

Amongst all the craziness of life and the struggles I’ve been having with fitness Nutrisystem foods have definitely kept me in balance and I think kept me from gaining anything. I LOVE that I have easy foods that I can grab for breakfast- like the Blueberry Muffin- YUM- and the Double Chocolate Caramel bar for lunch, just throw a few carrots, cucumbers and cut up bell peppers in a bag with a string cheese and I’ve got my on-the-go lunch. Oh and I can’t forget the water! I’ve got a case of waters in the back of my van at all times. Dinner time has been a little bit trickier for me because I’m still getting used to some of the Nutrisystem foods- the Chef’s Table frozen meals are not my favorites but it is nice to have some other options. In fact for dinner the other night when everyone had spaghetti I was able to eat the same thing everyone else was eating thanks to Nutrisystem’s Spaghetti with Meat Sauce dinner entrée. Dessert of course is always a favorite of mine and the Peppermint Cookie Patty satisfies my sweet tooth!

Starting Weight: 165

Week 1: 159.6 (5.4lb loss)

Week 2: 158.5 (1.1lb loss)

Week 3: 160.7 (2.2lb gain)

Week 4: 157 (3.7lb loss)

Week 5: 156.8 (.2lb loss)

Week 6: 156.4 (.4lb loss)

Week 7: No Change

Week 8: No Change

Hopefully those numbers will be reflected better next week. I’m really going to push myself to make some changes to get off this plateau!

clip_image001

Oh and be sure to check out the new promotion going on – Save 40% on EVERY ORDER with Nutrisystem 28-Day Auto Delivery. What a great deal! If you want to get started on your weight loss journey this is the best way to do it- with these great savings!!

Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me free of charge in exchange for blogging about my experience as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. The opinions are my own and others experiences with Nutrisystem may vary.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

0 comments :

Post a Comment