Monday, August 8, 2011

Hey Arnold!: Season 1 DVD {Release August 9, 2011}

 

noname

CLASSIC NICKELODEON ANIMATED SERIES FINALLY DEBUTS ON DVD

HEY ARNOLD!: SEASON ONE

Featuring All-Star Voice Cast of Dan Castellaneta, Tress MacNeille, Jamil Walker Smith, Toran Caudell and Francesaca Smith

All 20 Original Episodes Debut on DVD August 9, 2011 from Shout! Factory

Hey Arnold!, one of the most beloved animated Nickelodeon series from the 1990s, arrives in stores nationwide for the first time on August 9, 2011, from Shout! Factory. Featuring all 20 hilarious episodes, Hey Arnold!: Season One follows the adventures of Arnold, the original football-headed boy’s life in the big city alongside his Grandpa, Grandma, Abner the pig and a host of other friends and neighbors. Long anticipated by fans, Hey Arnold!: Season One has not been available in stores until now. The four-disc DVD set has a suggested retail price of $29.93.

Like all of Nickelodeon’s classic shows, Hey Arnold!: Season One boasts an all-star voice cast which includes Toran Caudell (7th Heaven), Dan Castellaneta (The Simpsons, Futurama), Tress MacNeille (The Simpsons, Futurama), Jamil Walker Smith (Shark Tale) and Francesca Smith.
A favorite with viewers and critics alike, Hey Arnold! stars Arnold, a fourth grader who lives with his grandparents Phil and Gertrude, owners of the Sunset Arms boarding house. Each episode finds Arnold in a new, sticky situation, whether it’s helping out a schoolmate with their problems or dealing with his own. Unfortunately, Arnold’s predicaments are often started by Helga, a schoolmate who picks on Arnold and constantly bullies him. However, Helga only pretends to dislike Arnold to hide the fact that she is secretly in love with him!

Created by Craig Bartlett as a comic in 1986, Hey Arnold! debuted as an animated short for the Nickelodeon film Harriet the Spy in 1996. Hey Arnold! went on to air on Nickelodeon from 1996 to 2001. The show also aired on "Nick on CBS" from 2002 until 2004.

My Review:

I’d like to say that I remember watching Hey Arnold! as a child but I actually looked it up and the series aired on Nickelodeon from October 7, 1996 until June 8, 2004- which would mean that I was 13 when the first season aired. However that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t watching it. I probably wasn’t watching it when it ended after I was married and had my first baby but I was watching it as a teenager. I was excited to hear that it was coming out on DVD. I love being able to share all the older shows that I loved with my own children. My six and seven year old definitely love this show and my teenage sisters have taken to watching all the episodes from Season 1 on the new DVD with them.

The show stars a fourth grade student named Arnold who lives with his grandparents at the boarding house they own. In each episode, Arnold helps a friend solve a problem or solves one of his own. The show also focuses on Helga one of Arnold’s classmates at school who treats him badly and is always bullying him despite the fact that she is secretly in love with him.

Hey Arnold!: Season One – on DVD, August 9th by Shout! Factory. Be sure to grab your copy at your local retailer to enjoy with the kids!

Disclosure: Information and product to review was provided to me by Nickelodeon, Shout! Factory and Click Communications however I was not compensated monetarily for this posting.

0 comments :

Post a Comment